CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20

Birthday Meme

Julie of Teacher Julie tagged me to do a BIRTHDAY MEME.

What do I need to do?

  1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day).
  2. Write down three events, 2 births, 1 holiday and tag 5 friends.
  3. There are five slots in the Birthday Meme. As you are tagged, you have to remove the name in the first slot and bump everyone up so that your name can be added to the bottom.

I have to look for something on this particular day: March 18

Here’s what I found:

EVENTS:

3952 BC - According to the Venerable Bede, the world was created.

731 - Saint Gregory III begins his reign as Pope.

1974 - Oil embargo crisis: Most OPEC nations end a five-month oil embargo against the United States, Europe and Japan.


BIRTHS:

1828 - William Randal Cremer, English politician and pacifist, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1908)

1928 - Fidel V. Ramos, President of the Philippines

1970 - Queen Latifah, American singer and actress (this is an additional since we’re on the same year also)

HOLIDAY

United States - National Biodiesel Day


There I’m done. I’m not tagging anyone. Feel free to do the same and see some important events that happened on your special day and famous people you share birthdays with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were born during the oil crisis and I was already writing about it then. Tingnan mo nga naman ano.

Nice to know ... will research too my own birthyear. Will I post? hmmmm

Wenchie said...

Hi Myrna, I was four years old that time, he he. Come on, post mo rin what you'll find out ha.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Rowena. March din bday ko. Mine is March 29.

Interesting things you have here. I like Queen Latifah, she makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

aba, march 18. youre an aries? tama ba ako? hmm.

Anonymous said...

A very eventful day for a birth date I must say... :-P

Wenchie said...

Hi Rach, the same birth month pala tayo.

Hi Cess, Pisces ako.

Hi Major Tom, thanks for the visit. Yeah, truly an eventful day, imagine, the world was created daw on my birthdate, he he.