CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 27

KIDS AT WORK/ FLOWERS IN BLOOM


kalachuchi tree



boungainvillea


daily-daily


Pio & Gabbie posing for the cam











KIDS AT WORK






Hirap pala mama....

Last summer, my kids wanted to help in cleaning the veranda. So I let them. Decided to take pics and included the flowers in the garden. Minutes after, they were all tired. They rushed to watch Disney shows on tv. I took over. At least they have experienced helping in household chores. My eldest daughter Nicole (10 yrs. old) knows how to wash the dishes, do the laundry(small things such as socks, hankies, underwear) and iron her clothes. She also helped me changed diaper and fix milk for her siblings before. She's really a responsible kid. Am so lucky. I didn't ask or force her to do these things. She wanted to help even when they have nannies to do such work. Very unlike me when I was young. My mother didn't allow or even show us how to do these things. There are always helpers (reliable ones) around us. Good thing there's Home Economics class where I learned how to do these chores. My hubby is also lucky, I do the stuff now which I hardly do when I was still single.


4 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

I see myself in your daughter...natatandaan ko din when i was her age marunong na din ako maglaba at plancha, but i treated it more like laro-laro rather than a household chore ^_^

Wenchie said...

wow, girl, ang sipag mo naman...i guess your mom's so happy to see you back then.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Rowena. I can relate to your post. When I was young, I wasn't taught about basic household chores that's why I grew up not knowing how to cook, do the your 10-year old knows how to iron. Talo pa ako! :) I think it's good training for children to learn early. It's nice that the kids love to volunteer to help.

Wenchie said...

hi rachel, nicole is really a responsible kid. Am so lucky.