CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 22

Busy, Busy Day

At last, I can sit down and bloghop and do this post. I am so tired the past few days. I was able to get our friend's docs at NSO last Monday. Attended some meetings re: the seafood business. And the daily chores of fixing my kids things (school books, toys, clothes, shoes), preparing the menu for the day, cleaning our rooms (vacuuming the beds, sofas, pillows), bathing the kids, teaching Pio his daily lessons (he's homeschooling), going after Bea's mess around the house, going to the market/buying groceries...this schedule is so exhausting. I have a helper, but she's old (46), hubby said she looks like in her 60's already. She walks so slow and do things just as slow. She could finish doing the laundry in 4 hours (using the washing machine) and do the dishes in one hour. That's why I'm doing the things she's supposed to do...Tsk. Tsk.. I'm still searching for another helper or her replacement...Miracle na yata to find a good, reliable one these days....Good thing my hubby loves to cook. He usually cooks adobong baboy, munggo, pata with beans, pochero, dinuguan, sisig and pancit. That's our weekly menu if he's in the kitchen. I buy the groceries, he cooks. If hubby is not around, I tell the helper what to cook and how to do so. And if I'm in the mood, I cook. I usually dish out pasta (my specialty, a carbonara) and prepare some salads. Di ba heavy na yun...My kids love it. Then me bottomless iced tea, para ma-digest kagad, he he. Pero pag day off ang helper, and I'm busy, we have the foods delivered by Jollibee or KFC or Ninang's.
Today, I did the same chores and then I cooked (it's a miracle, my kid said). I have pinakbet (mixed veggies) and fried rice (eggs, hotdogs and shrimps with the cooked rice). Hubby is in a hurry, nag multi-tasking na naman tuloy ako. While I'm cooking, I'm also feeding (as in sinusubuan) Gabbie her lunch (school bus will fetch her at 12 noon), checking her answers to the tests that I gave her (she has math & spelling quiz in school today), going after Bea (she can't go to the bathroom alone, she has the habit of playing with water), and running after Pio's endless mess, checking our newly-washed clothes outside (baka mabasa ng ulan). As we eat our lunch, am waiting for hubby's complaints (buti wala naman). When Nicole arrives from school, we have to review for her lessons and do some homework (Friday pala is homework-free day). Hay hirap talaga maging nanay....
In a little while, I'll be checking out my contacts for the crab supplies. Our client (an exporter) has just given me their requirement for shipment to Singapore. They need 100 kilos a day of live mud crabs. Hope I can pull this off. Have to work double-time (will do consultancy work again in the Senate & possibly at Manila City Hall). Wish me luck.
Another busy day tomorrow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tiring nga , hehehe, nagho-homeschool ka pa, but then saludo ako sa iyo kasi it takes a great deal of commitment. i got the email - thanks a lot. im relieved at meron naman palang monthly get -together ang mga kids. nag-iisip pa kami - we have the whole year to think about it :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Sana makahanap ka na ng mas okay na helper. naku, ayaw ko din ng ganyang slow-mo... Good thing that your hubby helps with cooking... Ang sarap naman ng menu nya.. nagutom tuloy ako hehe.
Re: homeschooling, i'm thinking VGood might not be in the right school. So I need to know my options. Please send me some info on homeschooling. imomonline at gmail dot com. thanks very much!

Wenchie said...

hi cess,

sorry for the late reply. been fixing this blog, i thought na-erase lahat ng posts ko. give up na sana ko, all i need pala is to change the background color. he he

homeschooling is kinda tiring also. dapat talaga mahaba patience mo with your kid....no regrets so far.

Anonymous said...

hi mama,

i know you have a busy day. we love you. i'll help you on weekends mama. this is nicole.