CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6

Green Bucks Weekly Questions



Teacher Julie of GreenBucks has been posting her weekly questions and I haven't participated since. Now, finally I found the time to answer all her questions in one sitting. Here goes my answers.

Weekly Questions:

1. If you are married would you know if your husband is reading your blog? If you are in a relationship, would you know if your partner is reading your blog?

I know each time hubby reads my blog, he gets annoyed and tells me not to put his pic or my kids' pics on my blog for security reasons. Sometimes, he would ask me why do I have to tell the world where I've been or what I've been doing, or how am I feeling. Sadly, hubby doesn't approve of my blogging.

2. Let’s say it IS possible to have that one chance to be another person for a day. Who would you choose to be and why?

I would like to be Princess Diana, and see how she has touched the lives of millions of people in the world. Or U.S. President John F. Kennedy for the same reason.

3. What were your favorite books as a child, specifically in your elementary school years?

As far as I can remember, I always read Nancy Drew way back in grade school. And the thick Bible (with illustrations just like in comics) which Dad gave me and my sisters.

4. What valuable lessons have you learned from your father?

My Dad would always tell us that education is only the best treasure we can rely on in life. He also taught us that we should always do good to people no matter who they are, what they have (or have not) or what they can (or can't) do to us in return.

5. What lies ahead for me and my family? Do we know where we are heading?

I can foresee a bright future for me and my family with God's help and guidance.

6. Can you describe yourself as a friend? Or how do your friends describe you as a friend?

As a friend, I can say I'm loyal, generous and reliable. I can listen to my friends' problems for hours and give comfort, will fight for my friend even if the world is against her, will give whatever I have if she's in need.

7. If we set aside an extra hour each day to do what we would rather do and not what we should be doing, what would you choose to do?

I would be reading the books on my night stand (which had gathered dusts) simply because I don't have extra time to do so.

8. How would you like to spend your special day, your birthday?

I would like to spend it in a beach resort with hubby, my kids, my parents, my siblings and few close friends.

9. What are the five simple pleasures that give you, well, simple pleasures?

seeing my kids play and laugh their hearts' out....

when my kids massage my legs and arms even when I didn't ask for it....

eating sweet corn while chatting with my kids....

a day at the nearby salon for facials and foot spa....

eating coffee crumble ice cream while watching my fave soaps....

10. I want to know your thoughts about the little girl in this photo.

I really feel disgusted every time I see kids especially girls roaming the streets in undershirts. The parents should have not allowed her to go out in that clothes. With the number of gruesome crimes happening everyday to little children, kids should be home studying or playing with their siblings and should not be exposed to dangers in the streets.

11. Should people heed the call of the Catholic Church to not use artificial means of contraception/reproductive health products and services OR should they go ahead, talk to their doctors and plan for how they want to practice family planning.?

Even when I'm Catholic, I believe people or couples should practice family planning the way they wanted it to be, not because of what the Church tells them to do. Will the Church help them raise 10 kids (for lots of couple with meager income) or support every needs of the family? I don't think the Church can do that even with their huge funding from the community or from Rome.

12. If you were an Olympian, what sport would you be participating in?

I would probably be participating in swimming or taekwondo because I wanted to do a lot of kicking....Seriously, I have always been fascinated with these sports. Swimming is a great sport especially for those with health problems while taekwondo can do wonders with the body's reflexes.

13. If you were to decide what advocacy would you like to campaign for as an advocate or being involved in a foundation, what sector of the society would you like to serve?

I would join a foundation which helps the abandoned or abused children. I would like to help them heal all the physical and emotionals hurts they had. Show them or let them feel loved and wanted. I will offer my time and resources for them and help them fulfill their dreams in life.

14. What are your facial or beauty regimens that you do before you go to sleep?

Since I don't wear any make up, I just wash my face with Pond's facial wash or Clinique's. If I'm not too lazy, after the facial wash, I use an astringent (from my derma) to clean my face again then put on a moisturizer before I go to bed. For extra beauty regimens, I also take a hot bath twice a day, go for facial treatments twice a week, visit the derma every 6 months, eats lots of fruits, takes 10 glasses of water everyday, takes vitamins C and E, drinks Reliv shakes.

During the day, when I go out, I make sure I put a moisturizer with SPF to protect my skin from the sun. Another secret, I whisper "Let the beauty of the Lord my God shine thru me"....

15. If you are to start a new blog focusing mainly on a particular topic or niche, what would your niche blogging be all about?

I would be blogging on the prevention of corruption in our society, mainly in our government. I would share everything I've seen in my ten years of work in the government. How to detect fraudulent projects, ghost projects/ghost purchases, overpriced materials/ supplies (like the fertilizer scam, swine scam, computer scam), sub-standard materials (for infra projects, expired medicines/vaccines for health centers, expensive books made of newsprints, etc.) negotiated bidding or rigged bidding, the flow of money from the bribe-giver to the funder (govt. official) and how to make sure the people's (taxpayers) hard-earned money goes to the right projects/beneficiaries.

Thanks Julie for your Weekly Questions. Your questions made me think real hard on some issues I've been wanting to blog about. I would be working on it right after I did this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wenchie, I am thanking you for answering all these questions in just one post.

I know about your hubby's POV about you blogging, I know that you love to be with your kids and that you regularly go to the nearby salon/spa and I knew what kind of friend you are. I was quite surprised to read about the blogging niche you thought of. These are quite controversial topics and I know you would be putting yourself on the line with what you have to say.

Incidentally, have you heard about the Mt.Diwalwal contract?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. It is an honor to have you as a friend :)

Anonymous said...

my husband knows i blog. i don't know if he reads it secretly (when i'm at work and he's off). he doesn't say anything. i hope your husband will someday understand the reason why we blog.

Forever59er said...

Wow those are incisive questions. I bet you really had to think through them. Thanks for these new insights into Wench, sweet blogger and friend.

If I could be someone else for a day, I'd be hmmm Anne Tyler. Hopefully a day's immersion into her persona and psyche would be enough to make me approximate her writing. Aah, nanaginip na naman si ako.