CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23

Children’s Letters to God

While I was arranging my kids' books I came across a small book which I gave to my first-born last 1999. I read it again and can't help but smile. Would like to share them in this post.

According to the publishers, in choosing these letters, they tried to convey the incredible variety they represent. Their spelling and grammar have not been corrected, for what they say, they say better as they are.

Compiled by Stuart Hample and Eric Marshall

In Sunday School they told us what you do. Who does it when you are on vacation? Jane

How did you know you were God? Charlene

Dear God, I read the bible. What does begat mean? Nobody will tell me. Love, Alison

Dear God, On Holloween I am going to wear a Devil’s costume, Is that all right with you? Marnie

Dear God, Are you really invisible or is that just a trick? Lucy

Dear God, Did you mean for giraffe to look like that or was it an accident? Norma

Dear God, I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that ok? Neil

Dear God, is Reverend Coe a friend of yours, or do you just know him through business? Donny

Dear God, What does it mean you are a jealous God? I thought you had everything. Jane

Dear God, I am American what are you? John

Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy. Joyce

Please send me pony. I never ask for anything before, you can look it up. Bruce

Dear God, How come you did all those miracles in the old days and don’t do any now? Seymour

Dear God, if we come back as something please don’t let me be Jennifer Horton because I hate her. Denise

Dear God, my brother is a rat. You should give him a tail. Ha ha. Danny

Dear God, Please send Dennis Clark to a different camp this year. Peter

Dear God, I think about you sometimes even when I’m not praying. Elliott

Dear God, of all the people who work for you I like Peter and John the best. Rob

Dear God, I bet it is very hard to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. Nan

Dear God, If you watch in church on Sunday, I will show you my new shoes. Mickey D.

Dear God, I do not think anybody could be a better God. Well I just want you to know but I am not saying that because you are God. Charles

19 comments:

ann said...

kakatuwa talaga ang mga bata. they can ask some questions oldies would want to ask, and still get away with it. :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Just the other night I was so touched when I heard Yohan praying, "Papa Jesus, please bless Mommy because she has a wound." He was referring to a very tiny cut (paper cut) on my finger.

Anonymous said...

these are too cute! thanks for sharing!

Analyse said...

i overheard my not-even-3 years old niece praying 'dear god, sana bumait na si x, y and z bukas.'.. it's funny because she was the naughty one in class haha..

love what kids say, they're hilarious and very innocent.

ipanema said...

sweet post. i love children praying. and es, they're very honest with what they say. :)

ScroochChronicles said...

kwento ng nanay ko na nung 3 yrs old ako I prayed, "Dear God, please don't make my Ninang's check bounce." And this was when we were on vacation with all my cousins and family friends so narinig nilang lahat!

vernaloo said...

"Dear God, How come you did all those miracles in the old days and don’t do any now? Seymour"

this is my favorite :)

Btw I linked you Rowena. I hope you don't mind :)

Wenchie said...

Hi guys, glad you like this post. My kid naman once gave money to the CWL ladies during offertory, then she kept on looking at the altar. She wants to see if they really gave the money to Jesus. Naughty girl...

Hi Vernaloo, thanks for the visit. Re the link, I don't mind at all. Thanks.

Verão said...

Rowena! Hey I've been such an absentee blogger! Wish I could gracefully balance my career, my bikinis and everything else in between! I love how you made your blog grow.

Wish I could have inputs about kids- but I have none of my own yet! Hope we have some sort of reunion during the holidays. Cheers.

Wenchie said...

Hi Pinky, what a pleasant surprise. You're the very first among our classmates who left a comment here in my blog. Some of them just read all the stuff I've posted and texted me about it. Am thankful just the same. :-) I would love to see you this holiday. Let's set another reunion ha. Can't fly na muna to Singapore with 4 kids in tow he he. Maloloka ako...See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I love all those 'from the mouth of babes' wisdom. They made me smile. I was most touched with "i think of you God sometimes even when i am not praying' or something like that. Awww. See how this 'personal relationship with God' begins so early even without teaching them catechism. Kasi, it's something we know, inside us. and children are more in touch with these gut stuff.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

very cute an dhonest - out of the mouths of kids - thanks for sharing !

Anonymous said...

my favorite line is "Dear God, I think about you sometimes even when I am not praying." good kid!

Wenchie said...

Hi Belle, I like that too, so honest, very sincere thoughts...

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

kakatuwa innocence nila noh

Dear God, sana ma-approve lahat ng opportunites taken ni Wenchie sa PPP - "girl"ie ^_^

Wenchie said...

Hi Girlie, and I say Amen to that...

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us this really, really cute letters to God. I enjoyed reading each one of them.f

Gypsy said...

That's one great thing about kids, they have a fresh (and honest) perspective about life. :)

Wenchie said...

Hi Annamanila, Baby Amore, Bugsybee and Gypsy, am so happy you guys like this post. Good thing my Nicole still keeps the book that I gave her 7 years ago.