CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6

AWARDS AND TAGS






NEW AWARDS

My new cyber-friend Francine (La Place de Cherie) gave me 2 awards recently. Thanks a lot my dear. And to spread the cheer, I’m sharing this award to Auee (Kwentong Walang Kwenta), Cookie (SchroochChronicles), Myrna (Ode to Old), Anna (Ana’s Tasa), Ladybug (Of Law and Badminton), Gina (Alone With My Thoughts), Cess (Occupation-Stay At Home Mom), Chats (imomonline), Julie (teacherjulie), Belle (simply belle) and to another very dear friend Rachel (Heart of Rachel). My day wouldn’t be complete without visiting these lovely ladies’ sites.

Rachel tagged me to do the “what’s in my desktop meme”. I just followed her instructions below:

A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. You can do a screen capture by Going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key). Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.

B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.

C. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.

D. Add your name to this list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants


I am tagging the following:

Gina- alone-with-my-thoughts

Raquel-homeworked

Luiza- beyond normal

Belle- simply belle

Analyse- myhideaway


List of Free Viewers:

iRonnie - I Set No Corner
Thess - Thesserie
Rebecca - Skippy Heart
Knoizki - A Dialogue With K
Beng - Kauderwelch
Tina - My Good Finds
Rachel- Heart of Rachel

Rowena- The Sweet Life




BLAST FROM THE PAST

This is a long overdue tag from Raquel (homeworked). Am so sorry I just found the time to finally do it all in one sitting. Since I am a new blogger, having started only last May, I don’t have enough posts to choose from. I just have here a dozen which I think would be interesting read, some are re-printed from my favorite columnist and the topics are really important for me.

A Burning Warning

Don’t Quit

My Reasons for Homeschooling

The Suite Life

The World Needs Men

21 Memos From Your Child

Happy Father’s Day

When Helpers Come and Go

The Signs of Hard Times

Working in the Senate

About My Mom

My Thoughts…Out Loud

Francine also tag me to do another meme. Here, I’m done my friend.

THINGS I HATE TO HEAR

That I am thin- because I’m not. I weigh 100 lbs.

That I am lazy- of all the household chores I’m doing, that would be absurd. At one time, I even worked in 3 different offices simultaneously (senate, city hall, a computer company).

That I am stingy- though only one person said that, it’s a total lie. Generosity runs in my blood, he he (combination of German, Chinese, Kapampangan and Cebuano).

26 comments:

ScroochChronicles said...

Hi Wenchie!! Thanks, thanks, thanks for this wonderful gift :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Thank you Wenchie for these sweet awards. I really think this is a great weekend. I feel so blessed.

Thank you my friend!

Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks for taking time to do the tag. Lovely photos of the kids hugging each other.

Oh, how I wish someone would call me thin. Ha ha! Wishful thinking on my part.

Anna said...

Yippee! Thanks so much for this, ms. rowena. My first ever award--and from a nice lady, too!

Analyse said...

thanks for the tag, i already have my answer here.

hey, things in common, i hate to hear exactly that same 3 phrases hehe.

auee said...

Thank you!! :-)

aha stingy ka daw?? My sisters say that to me alot. Dati tutol ako but now that I live in London, oo stingy na ko hehe

Gina said...

Rowena!

Thanks for the nice 'surprise'! And for the frequent and very welcome visits in my humble blog.

More interesting tidbits about you- niceeeeeeee.

You're the second person to tag me with the desktop pic , will do... =)

Gina said...

P.s.
Beautiful desktop "theme"!!

Ang ku-cute naman talaga.

Anonymous said...

hi Rowena, thanks for this wonderful award! am so honored especially coming from you.

you only weight 100 pounds? you are so light.

ohh, i have already done the desktop meme.

SASSY MOM said...

Cute desktop! Congratulations on your
award!

Momgen said...

thanks for the comment and you have interesting blog...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award, Wenchie. You deserve the Egel Award because your blog has grown as well as your blog friends. :)

Have a great week. Regards to your kids and hubby.

raqgold said...

thanks for doing the tag!!! let me work on that desktop :D

Francine Ann said...

wow starring pala ako dito hehehe. rowena. you really deserve to have this award *muah*

Lynn said...

Isn't it nice to receive and share these nice tokens of appreciation? One of the ways I discover good reads in the blogosphere is by checking out recipients of this fun badges. Have a fun week ahead, Rowena!

Anonymous said...

You are 100 lbs and yet not thin! hehehe.

Oh, meme after meme. You're working overtime. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Wenchie! Wow, thank you ha! Am honored to have you visiting my blog. :)

And happy birthday to dear Gabbie today.

Oh, and a delayed message from my kids: thank you daw sa DVD! I keep forgetting to tell you, but matagal na nilang pinasabi. Good I remembered now. :)

Wenchie said...

Hi Chats, you're very welcome, you also deserve that award. Thanks for the b-day greeting to Gabbie.

Alice said...

Hi Rowena, I played too. You can view it here.

Yours is personal. I like it. :)

Wenchie said...

Hi Alice, thanks for the visit...I've seen your desktop, lovely background...

Forever59er said...

Omg, I am so late picking up this trophy. Thanks super thanks over thanks Rowena. I love your blog too. :)

Forever59er said...

And I don't believe your lazy nor stingy. Blow out naman dyan oh. :)

Wenchie said...

To all my blogger-friends, thanks a lot for visiting my humble site and taking your precious time to read my posts, we all deserve these awards because we are all spreading love and friendships in the blogging world.

Anonymous said...

wow, thanks! sarap naman nito!

The Egel Nest said...

Congrats on your Egel Nest Award!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Wenchie said...

Hi Bradley, thanks a lot. Am honored to have received this award.