CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 5

When Cupid Strikes...



This is my entry for the Filipino Mom Blog's Love Month Meme.

I met my husband through a common friend. I was free (means single) that time and this friend of mine gave my office number to him. He started calling me, talking about our work, our bosses and even future political plans. Finally, after three days of phone calls, we decided to meet. We are supposed to meet for lunch but he only got the chance to sneak out of the office at around two in the afternoon. I went down the stairs of the condo (where our office is located), wearing my signature mini skirt and picture this, my long hair swaying by a strong wind while he's sitting in his car waiting for me. Can you picture that scene, just like in the movies huh...but, he didn't get out of the car to open the door for me, tsk, tsk...

Anyway, we had lunch at Josephine's Restaurant, Roxas Boulevard because that's the nearest restaurant to our respective offices. We have to get back to the office after, both of us were working for the Senate then. We dated everyday after that or shall I say, we're inseparable after our first date. The rest is history. And no more mini skirts for me, ha ha ha. He insisted we get married immediately, his boss (a former soldier turned Senator) even joked they will have me kidnapped if I don't marry him. By the way, we got married twice. Nowadays, hubby is always singing the song Lucky..."that he's lucky he's so in love with his best friend." Well, I think he's really lucky, ehem.

Finally, this time Cupid ♥♥♥ strikes right on time.

10 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet story. Cupid aimed at the right hearts.

Anonymous said...

Aw this is sooo sweet! :) Nakuha mo sya sa miniskirt! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Oh great story, I can totally see that scene in a movie!

Gina said...

nakakakilig naman !!!!

Hi Wenchie! Catching up on your blog..

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Talagang may swaying swaying pa ng hair ha! LOL!

Anonymous said...

aba aba aba...naka mini skirt ka pala!! cute naman ng story nyo..kakakilig :)

Anonymous said...

i bet you looked incredible in your mini-skirt. whatever it takes...ha ha.

hi friend, i have just been busy these days and also this is the time that i suffered from my seasonal allergies so most of the time, i spend my extra time nursing my allergies in bed.

Anonymous said...

Wenchie, naitabi mo ba ang miniskirt na 'yan? You should. Symbolic yan. :D Your story is something like love at first sight. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok itong first meetnig nyo ha :) FTW! Pang-tvc na shampoo or lotion :D

At siyempre natawa naman ako dun sa hindi ka na nag-mini skirt, hihihi...

Meikah said...

Wow, yeah just like in the movies! ;) more blessed years together!