CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19

Celebrating my 38th Birthday

Glitter Photos
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Photos*]
Nicole edited my post and inserted this greeting

When I woke up yesterday morning, I was greeted by hubby and kids. They gave me their birthday cards. I received three wonderfully created cards, while my youngest child gave me a long kiss because she can't make one. A day before my big day, my two girls, Nicole and Gabbie gave me their advanced gifts, a notice from the school that they will be receiving the academic for excellence awards on Recognition Day. I am so happy and texted hubby, my parents and siblings upon reading the good news.

Yesterday, like a typical day, I surfed the net for news, had my breakfast and watered the plants in the garden and dropped by in our shop. Went back to the computer, checked my mails, mostly birthday greetings from friends. A week ago I also received a nice card from Nestle Club, though am expecting freebies, he he. After reading quite a number of greetings, I blog hopped. I was surprised to see that my dear friend Rachel even posted a greeting for me on her blog, and asked her readers to visit my site and leave a message or greetings. I am so touched by her gestures. She's so thoughtful (helped me so much on my blog a lot of times), a very kind-hearted person and I'm really thankful I've discovered the blogosphere and met so many wonderful blogger-friends. To those who greeted me thru emails, texts and calls, thanks so much for remembering...

This is what Rachel posted on her blog yesterday. Thanks again Rach.



For the update, we went to SM Megamall at around 5 p.m. (have to drop by at the camp first). My sister Budeck (havin' her 2 week vacation, got back from Kobe, Japan) is supposed to treat us to Dad's eat-all-you-can merienda but since we arrived late, they're (my parents and siblings) done eating. So we just transferred to Pizza Hut beside Krispy Kreme. We ordered shrimp and mango salad, pizza and another seafood pasta. And of course, bought some donuts before we left mega. My kid Pio wouldn't want to miss the egg-shaped donuts. Hubby had someone fetch us by 9 p.m., the kids are hungry again after running around Toy Kingdom, Powerbooks and strolling at St. Francis Square. Hubby would like to eat chicken inasal, since we can't find one in Pasong Tamo area, we went at Macapagal Avenue and ate dinner at Jayjay's Inasal. We had molo soup, kare-kare and sisig (the best I've tasted). After dinner, we went to the wake of my uncle who passed away last Monday, a day before my birthday. He's one of my favorite uncles (so thoughtful, kind, generous, pious and live a very simple yet happy life). That's why as I've texted my blogger-friends, I don't feel like celebrating on my birthday. So I forego having a party at home. We just had a simple family get together to cheer me up on my 38th b-day. At the end of the day, my hubby, kids, my parents and sisters and friends made me happy on this special day...


with my kid Bea and sis, Yae


kids with my sis,Chic


Pio Miguel clowning around

17 comments:

Toe said...

That's a wonderful birthday Rowena... honors for your kiddies! :)

Happy 38th birthday! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

You're welcome Wenchie. You know when I met you I thought you were much, much younger. It's wonderful that you have kept your youthful looks.

Glad you had a lovely time with your family. I think the kids gave you the best gift ever. Congratulations to their remarkable achievements in school.

I'll see you very soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Wenchie! May all your wishes come true!
Ang sweet naman ni Rachel!

Christina said...

Happy birthday, Rowena! God bless you always.

Gypsy said...

Belated Happy Birthday!! Warm blessings to you. :)

Wenchie said...

Hi Toe, Rach, Mary, Tina and Gypsy, thanks a lot for the birthday greetings and warm wishes.

auee said...

Belated happy bday!!
I wish you more blogging happiness to come
:-P

Anonymous said...

wow ang sarap naman! spending birthdays with family is really the best. belated uli !

Anonymous said...

uyyy.. bileyted! hehe...

mukhang makukulit ang mga baby mo...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wenchie!
Thanks for the visit and link-up.
Am linking you up too.
Take care, and will pass by again soon.

Wenchie said...

Hi Auee, Cess, Kingdaddyrich and Megamom, thanks for the b-day greetings. Thanks for the visit also.

Gina said...

Happy 38th Birthday Rowena!

May all your fondest dreams come true!

God Bless...

Queen of My Domain said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It looks like you were able to enjoy some great times with your children.

Cheers and Many More!!

Wenchie said...

Hi Gina, thanks a lot. I have so many dreams and I pray that I may achieve/ attain some, God willing.

Hi Queen of my domain, thanks so much for the birthday greetings. And for the visit.

Anna said...

belated, belated birthday greetings, rowena! may you have many, many more! cheers!

Anonymous said...

You look young for 38. Hayan, my birthday gift na ako sa yo. hahaha.

All best, Wench today and always.

-annamanila

Wenchie said...

Hi Myrna, thanks, thanks. Feeling ko tuloy 27 uli ako, he he...Cheers.