CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28

Kids' Conversations

As a stay at home mom, I am thankful that I get to spend so much time with my kids. Even when they play, we're together. I read a book or blog while they do their thing, usually a make-believe play like what I overheard a few times. Sometimes, they will ask something and I get stump.

Pio: (using his toy car and toy cell) Hello Bea, sunduin na kita ha. Mag ready ka na.

Bea: ok, anu dala mo sasakyan (imitating Mama)?

Pio: race car, walang aircon sira, dala ka pamaypay.....

One time, Pio took out his toy cars and pretended to be choosing what to buy in the showroom.

He asked Bea (the agent),

Pio: Miss ok ba yang Ferrari nyo?

Bea: Ok po Sir. Magustuhan po nyo yan.

Pio: Eh yang Impala (pointing to a remote control car), mas ok yata kaya lang parang high profile yan....(the term his Papa used in describing a new Land Cruiser before)

While we're studying the different parts of the house in Pilipino, we came across the word palikuran (bathroom), here's what Pio said:

Pio: Mama pag pumasok ba sa palikuran, kelangan nakatalikod?

When the lesson is all about the national hero, flower, fish, tree...
Pio suddenly remarked, "Meron pa Mama, National Bookstore....

While on the road, Pio is always on a look-out for nice cars. He is such a car afficionado. He would tell us ahead what's the car's model, make and how many doors it has. One time, he asked,

Pio: Mama meron bang sasakyan na one door lang?

Mama: (not thinking) wala

Pio: meron....yung bus

Hubby and I are chatting about how wonderful it is to have babies in the family. Of course, Pio would say something as always.

Pio: Mama pwede ba ako bumalik sa tummy mo and maging baby uli?

Mama: HA HA HA

17 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Rowena. I enjoyed reading the fun conversation of the kids.

Nakakatuwa talaga ang mga bata. They have great sense of imagination.

auee said...

Thanks for sharing!! More please
:-P

"Pio: Mama pag pumasok ba sa palikuran, kelangan nakatalikod?"
I love Pio already hehe
This can be a classic!

-- high profile ha? hehe Susme buti di ka tumatawa agad?

Anonymous said...

he's so adorable and smart. i like the pamaypay, national bookstore and the bus. kakatuwa!

Forever59er said...

Smart kid, your Pio. Your repartee got me chuckling. Keep on documenting these kiddie wisdoms. Ako, so hirap for me to remember as I didn't really make it a habit to document them. But for my apo .... aaaah .... watch me! haha

Analyse said...

the pamaypay! oo nga naman haha.. i love kiddie conversations, so innocent and so funny haha..

ScroochChronicles said...

Susmaryosep!! Ang kukulit din pala eh :)

Let's set up an EB for our kids. Puwede silang magkulitan the whole time. Whadyatink?

Wenchie said...

Hi Rachel, sinabi mo pa...Minsan I'm wondering san nila napupulot mga dialogue nila, he he.

Hi Auee, siempre tawa ako ng tawa while covering my face with a book. Baka mapahiya, he he. Meron pa yan, I'll post soon.

Hi Evi, pati nga si hubby natawa re: the bus. D raw nag iisip ang mommy....

Hi Annamanila, ako I keep a small notebook, I write them down para I won't forget...Pag sad ako, I read them again...Am sure with your apo, everything will be documented na, pati first word nya...

Hi Analyse, Pio likes imitating me, kaya hayun pati pamaypay di nakalimutan, laging ready kahit sa play time chats nila....he he

Hi Cookie, naku gusto ko yan, pero dalawa lang sayo, saken apat...sino kaya mapagod kagad sa pangungulit, he he...Set tayo ha pagbalik mo.

Gypsy said...

Haha!! Kakatuwa naman bsi Pio mo! You must have picked up so much new insights just talking to him everyday!! ;)

Anna said...

Hi Rowena. I love this post! Made me wish I were also a SAHM so I can document my kid's conversations with her "pretend' friends! BTW, thanks for visiting--Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi Wenchie! Am back to blogging (i hope).
Oo nga, mahilig nga sa cars si Pio. Aba, may Impala pang nalalaman. Hindi ko alam yun haha.
It's fun to document our kids' quips. Let's keep on, baka one day maka buo tayong mommies ng book. hmmm. why not!

JO said...

hahahaha.... kakaaliw talaga ang ang mga bata.

blog hopping from Rach.

Gina said...

I get amused hearing kids talking smart and adult-like.

Haha, natawa ako doon about the bus. Na-'outsmart' si mommy,ah.

Anonymous said...

One can really learn a lot from listening to children's conversations. When Julian and Tania are talking, its like I can sometimes hear myself and hubby with their words, :D

Anonymous said...

"Pio: Mama pwede ba ako bumalik sa tummy mo and maging baby uli?"

Haha! Katawa talaga ang mga bata.

But you know what, when my kids were your kids' age, there were times they just got to my nerves and I half wished I could put them back in my tummy again. hehehe.

Wenchie said...

Hi Gypsy, know what, now that Pio is homeschooling, we both learned so many things together...Pio would always say something about cars even when we're talking about plants, he he...

Hi Anna, am lucky nga and am so thankful that I have the chance to be with my kids...Di bale you have weekends to be with your kid and take notes of her chit-chats with imaginary friends.

Hi Chats, did you notice it, nung nasa cake shop tayo, me dala syang hot wheels. He won't leave the house without them. You gave me an idea, I'll take note of their witty remarks or their playtime conversations and make it a book, he he. Sige pagkakitaan nga natin, ha ha....

Hi Jo, thanks for the visit.

Hi Gina, you got it right, na-outsmart ang mommy.

Hi Julie, correct ka dyan. Mabilis sila mag-pick up ng lines then use them sa play time nila. Like the high-profile word ni Pio (got it from his Papa), he he. Si Bea naman likes imitating the way I talk when I'm using the cell, pati yung "bilis na, mauubos na load ko" na line, she can do the same complete with the hand gestures.

Hi Rhodora, same here, when I get stressed by my kids, I tell them I'll send them to the orphanage, he...he...he...

Anonymous said...

hi rowena, i miss those kiddie conversations. my daughter used to love to have conversation with herself, non stop, but never thought of documenting it. sayang!

i love Pio. makuwela siya and very talented

Wenchie said...

Hi Belle, sayang nga. In my case, sa dami ng chika nila, I can't keep up. Next time you're here, you should meet him, super kulit din si Pio.