CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4

Hello...Line Disconnected due to Bad Service

For a long time now, I've been using the Bayantel landline service. Last year when I opened our new business, I need a fast way to get a phone. I availed of the Bayantel wireless phone offer, paid the unit and instantly I have a phone in my shop. That was December.

Come April, the unit has no signal anymore inside the shop, even when I brought it at home. Automatically, I called the Bayantel customer service hotline, talked with a call center agent. Was asked to bring the unit to their center. I send a staff there, they just change the antenna. Still no signal. Called them again, was told that a service crew would arrive and inspect the area. Waited in vain, no service screw showed up. Called them again, was told no one's coming, that it's not the standard procedure when it comes to the wireless service. I exclaimed-What??? I really blew my top, been calling them thrice daily, waited for them, cancelled business meetings, lose some customers at the shop, only to be told I was waiting for nothing. The agent has the gall to ask me if I get the name of his colleague who said that a service crew is coming. I told him, how the **** will I know when I've talked to dozen of call center agents already. GRRRR...Stormed the Bayantel office with hubby, we were advised to buy the outdoor antenna instead. Hubby asked if that antenna didn't work out, what should we do? The customer representative cannot give us a coherent answer. A call center agent told us a day before that the outdoor antenna won't work because they're currently upgrading the system in our area. Hubby began scolding her, we demanded we should not be billed for those weeks. To my consternation, she said it's still subject for approval. Hubby would like to cancel our subscription but the customer representative said we can't return the unit and there's no refund for its cost. What the **** will I use it for? Will I just let my money get wasted for the very bad service of the company? Oh boy, I won't take this sitting down. Am preparing my complaint and bring it to DTI by Monday. And I got favorable action from them before (Sec. Mar Roxas' term) when I filed a complaint against a cellphone distributor (that's another story).

It's been one month now, we don't have a phone line service in my shop. All printed flyers and tarps have that contact number, we offer pick-up and delivery in our line of business. I'm losing customers daily because I don't have a phone line. We are using cellphones instead but not all customers would like to send text or call our cellphone. I'm now looking into PLDT, Globe and Smart offers. The sooner I get a line the better.

For now, my line is disconnected due to BAD BAYANTEL SERVICE!

15 comments:

ScroochChronicles said...

Kapal naman ng Bayantel for giving you those answers!! You should indicate that too in your complaint. I hope you can find a suitable service provider soon :)

Wenchie said...

Hi Cookie, sobra nga the nerve noh. Sila na nga me problema sa system, gusto pako pagbayarin. Ang galing talaga!

Anonymous said...

pldt offers the same service na rin. my mom has the same wireless bayantel land line, then she cancelled it and opted for pldt wireless instead. she's happier with pldt.

exskindiver said...

very frustrating, wench.
good you wrote about this for others to read and be forewarned.

Anonymous said...

To think that I regretted not getting Bayantel wireless bec. we got pldt connection a month before it was offered.

Nakakangitngit talaga pag iba-iba ang sagot ng mga customer reps.

DTI should sit up and take notice.

Anonymous said...

Blog hopping and found the 2nd "bayantal is like a bad boyfriend" thingie for the day. Oh nooo.

Anonymous said...

Exact opposite naman ng experience ko w/ Bayantel DSL. They are prompt in sending their technicians when we encounter a problem w/ our connection. Bayantel should be consistent with their customer service or technical support - dsl or wireless or landline.

feng said...

Hi Wenchie! we have the same dilemma with Bayantel. subscriber din kami for a few months na din when they offered their wireless landline service. It sucks though. very crappy yung linya. :(

cherry said...

grabe noh. pero it's far worse for you. You even invested in marketing materials.

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience. They should not bill you after failing on their part to provide you service agreed upon.

raqgold said...

i hope everything would turn out okay. hirap naman ng ganyan. pero am sure, this too shall pass. chin up, dear rowena!

Forever59er said...

I can imagine the hassle and frustration you went through. Sana it will end like the way Cookie's Chili experience did. Good luck and stay cool.

Anonymous said...

We applied for the bundle of Bayantel, Wench. We paid PhP2k and a month has passed that nobody went to our house. Ayun,binawi. Nakailang text na sila na pde na daw ulit mag-apply. What?

Hope you get your live for your store soon.

Anonymous said...

So far, we never had any problems. Pero I am not here Pinas always naman eh kaya not sure kung yung bro ko na naiiwan dito sa house namin meron cya probs sa Bayantel..Hopefully you can find a much nicer service provider..Sayang naman yung customers sa business nyo! Btw, asan ka ba sa Pinas? :)

Wenchie said...

Hi guys, thanks for the visit and leaving your comments. Actually I don't want to blog about this but this is really deception na. Dami nilang ads and flyers, poor signal naman pala. Went to Bayantel office the other day, got back the signal but the one month bill deduction is still subject for approval. What can we expect from the Lopezes? Nag refund ba ang MERALCO saten, hay naku...Smile na lang ako, me line na uli sa shop. And Yen, I'm in Fairview area.