Milk & Company endorser, Mikee Cojuangco
Milk & Company clothes
reloading station for smart, globe and sun cellular
the shop at night time
the opening's streamer
San Miguel beers
Host a hassle-free holiday gathering with these smart tips.
* Let the smells of Christmas hit your guests as soon as they arrive. Keep a pot of mulled apple cider on the stove so the first thing you smell is a delightful mixture of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg. You can also set up a "potpourri" in a slow-cooker. Toss some sliced oranges, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg and allspice berries into some water and leave the slow-cooker uncovered on low.
* Plan in advance for what you'll need over a number of days. Make extra large batches of items like spiced nuts, salad dressing or gingerbread cake to save time later when hosting more informal celebrations.
* Buffets are a great way to manage feeding a crowd. Get as much done as you can the day before and focus on foods that can be eaten at room temperature so you can simply unwrap and serve.
* Whether you're eating at the table or buffet-style, focus on foods such as roasts or casseroles that take a while to cook, but won't require your constant attention in the kitchen.
* Solve your dessert dilemma by asking everyone to bring a batch of their favorite Christmas cookie (or pie or cake or trifle). Your guests can show off their best recipes and everyone will enjoy the variety.
Source: Food Network
For my 100th post, just want to post things I've been wanting to blog about but found no time to do so the last few weeks, been busy with my new business venture and a guest who arrived from abroad. I only found the time to make a new post now. Here it goes....
100 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I am a Piscean, born on March 18.
2. I have 3 sisters, no brother.
3. I grew up as a devout Catholic, studied in a Catholic school.
4. As early as 6 years old, I was already joining campaign sorties and rallies.
5. My favorite color is green and black.
6. Watermelon is my fave fruit.
7. I had a dog named Rambo and cat named Mings but they both got lost when we transferred to a new home.
8. Now we’re taking care of gold fish, dogs, cats and ducks.
9. I have wavy hair and have them straightened once a year.
10. I love Krispy Kreme donuts
11. I enjoy going to the spa and facial treatments.
12. I used to buy my clothes at Tokyo Fashion boutique, Woman, Landmark dept. store, Rustan’s and SM. Now I buy at bazaars or tiangge.
13. I enjoy eating at fine-dining restaurants and the carinderia as well.
14. I took up Communication Arts in college at the University of Santo Tomas.
15. I had my college practicum (tv production) at ABS-CBN.
16. There I have met my fave actress, the megastar.
17. Have encountered so many famous people in show business.
18. Grew up with lots of politicians visiting at home.
19. I enjoy staying at the Oakwood Premier Hotel but can also sleep at small apartelle or inn.
20. I take vitamin E, vitamin C and iron.
21. I had four caesarian operations.
22. I hate liars and social climbers.
23. Worked with 8 Senators and 2 Congressmen as Consultant
24. Served as Executive Secretary to a Senate President
25. Worked as Consultant to a City Mayor
26. I have very low tolerance to pain.
27. I cry when I have my facial treatments due to some pains in extracting white heads on my nose.
28. I have fear of heights.
29. I can drive real fast when alone in the car.
30. Love Danielle Steele novels when I was in college.
31. Read Sweet Dreams and Sweet Valley High during high school.
32. Enjoyed Nancy Drew in grade school.
33. I was a Girl Scout in grade school.
34. I hate CAT trainings in high school.
35. Loves to write essays
36. Have written a dozen stories for tv or movie
37. Joined theater groups in high school
38. I can’t swim.
39. Dream of traveling to Europe and Australia
40. I was bitchy when I was younger.
41. I hate to wait.
42. I can be a generous tipper when the service’s real good.
43. I’ve watched 3 movies a week during my college days.
44. Enjoyed playing baccarat in the casino before.
45. Flunked Statistics in college, ha ha ha
46. Had chickenpox when I was in college, that explains no. 45
47. I got into the Literature major because of no.45….
48. Pleaded with the University’s Rector so I can transfer to Communication Arts on the 2nd semester. He agreed.
49. Took up Marketing 1 and Marketing 2 at the same time, going to each class every 20 minutes…so as to finish college on time.
50. Enjoyed taking Spanish classes….
51. Would like to learn more the Spanish language…
52. When I was young, wanted to be a flight stewardess so I can travel for free, he he…
53. I was trained to be a newscaster at RPN 9 but when the chief assigned me to go to police stations and hospitals at night time, I didn’t go back to the training. Still dream of being one…
54. Wanted to have my own radio program…discussing current issues and parenthood….
55. Dream of going into politics…he he he
56. Waiting for the right time to take the bar…
57. Would like to open up a bakeshop, boutique and a spa-salon
58. Love the beach, would like to have a house near it…
59. Addicted to blogging and blog hopping
60. Loves my kids to the max….
61. I eat veggies, loves carrots, tomatoes, okra, squash…
62. I like to watch the sunset at the Manila Bay…
63. I like to take short trips to Tagaytay and Subic
64. I can easily make friends.
65. I love to shop and buy groceries.
66. I used to go to Baclaran on Wednesdays, St. Jude on Thursdays and Quiapo on Fridays when I was still single.
67. Attended Life in the Spirit Seminars (LSS) at the Loved Flock, Lord’s Flock, Spirit of Love and Emmanuel Catholic Communities…
68. I have so many clergy-friends…
69. Was active with the Legion of Mary in college…
70. I married a PMAer.
71. I had an uncle who was a general and a BIL who is also a general.
72. I grew up with lawyers, politicians and military men around.
73. I deposited my very first savings at Banco Filipino.
74. My grandmother also encouraged me to save and opened an account for me at Banco de Oro when I was younger.
75. I have Sanrio stationeries collection and have kept them since 1978. Now, I gave it all to my kids.
76. I’m a fan of Duran Duran, Wham, Madonna, Spandau Ballet and Tears for Fears before.
77. I love Frank Sinatra.
78. also likes to listen to Barry Manilow, Celine Dion, Toni Braxton
79. loves instant pancit canton
80. drinks Magnolia chocolait… (now, it’s Nestle)
81. I am not a jealous type.
82. feels so happy for other people’s achievements…
83. cries easily when watching Love Story (Ryan O’Neal movie)…
84. scared of cockroaches, earthquakes, fires….
85. fears of crossing busy streets/roads….
86. loves to wear sexy night gowns…
87. can eat like a pig…
88. loves kare-kare, bulalo and chicken adobo
89. don’t like the smell of quezo de bola
90. loves coffee crumble selecta ice cream
91. likes to eat suman with mangoes
92. looks forward to puto bumbong and bibingka after dawn masses
93. dream of having my own house (stay at hubby’s family home)
94. would like to see my country free from poverty and corruption
95. I always pray for my family and friends, departed relatives, and people I don’t know like the ofw’s, street kids, the sick, students, country and our leaders…
96. I go to confession every month when I was in high school. Now, I do it once a year.
97. I used to attend mass everyday (younger days) with my Mom and got real scared when the staff started closing the doors while my Mom’s still praying….
98. I’ve mentioned before that my Mom met my Dad in Congress while I also met my hubby at the Senate…
99. I would like to grow old (and still healthy) and see my grandchildren.
100. I would love to gain more true friends…
i like my hair to look like this...
i love to live near the beach
my fave coffee bun, Roti Mum's
my fave jap foods, beef gyudon and shrimp tempura (pic taken at Yoshinoya)
my only son posing with toy cars at Toy Kingdom
niagara falls view from the top (taken in our Marriott hotel room)
kids at work
PINOY MOMS NETWORK FAM PICS: MESSY
my kids messy room
our messy ducks
Something Red- this is too late for the Photo Hunt but am posting just the same... red gifts under a very huge Christmas tree with red trimmings taken last year at the Mall of Asia
MORE AWARDS - ADVANCE CHRISTMAS GIFTS FROM FRIENDS
Lots of thanks and hugs to Julie, Cookie and Rachel....
My blogger-friend Julie gave this award, and lovingly stated, "Wenchie, for the inspiring emails and the thoughtfulness of sending these emails to me."
My fellow home schooler mom, Julie of Teacher Julie shared to me this award and said, "Wenchie thank you for the friendship, for your honesty in your posts and for your unwavering support."
Julie of Teacher Julie gave me back this award and kindly stated "Wenchie- She was one of those who visited and emailed me when I started my domain last October. Little did we know that her husband’s nephews were my former students, three of them to be exact. We became co-parents at the Catholic Filipino Academy, the homeschool services provider for our only sons, her Pio and my Julian.
Cookie of Scrooch Chronicles gave this award, my second...
Rachel of My Soulful Thoughts and Heart of Rachel shared me these two awards and remarked, "Rowena- A real gem of a friend that I have yet to meet in person. Her daily visits is something I always look forward to."
Last Friday, I went out with hubby and some friends. After dinner at Pier 1, we proceeded to Ratsky Morato and watched some bands play. It's been some time since the last time I went out to a bar and had some fun....
True Faith Band soloist
True Faith Band
Tagged :: Love Chain
I was tagged by Rachel of Heart of Rachel to do the love chain. It’s a nice way of discovering new blogs and meeting interesting people.
This linky love trail rules: When you get tagged…you have to add your name next to people who had done the tag and and let the list grow!
Rachel’s Soulful Thoughts
The Sweet Life
Let’s keep the list growing, so more and more people will discover our blogs. Let’s expand our readership and let others know that we exist! Now can we keep this going?
Now, I tag the following:
Alone With My Thoughts
Finally My Journey
Me and My Angel